Burglary Defense Attorneys in New Jersey
Expert and Aggressive Defense Against Burglary Charges in New Jersey
Burglary is a serious offense in New Jersey that carries heavy penalties, including prison time and fines. If you or someone you love faces burglary charges, it’s crucial to have a skilled and experienced defense attorney by your side who understands the complex nuances of New Jersey’s burglary laws. At Spodek Law Group, we offer expert and aggressive defense against burglary charges in New Jersey.
Understanding New Jersey’s Burglary Law
Under N.J.S.A. 2C:18-2, there are three basic elements that must be proven to establish a burglary charge in New Jersey:
– Entering a “structure” without the owner’s permission or license.
– Committing or intending to commit theft or any other crime upon entry.
– The structure was not open to the public at the time of entry.
The term “structure” refers to any premises, including homes, stores, commercial buildings, among others. Conviction on burglary charges can bring significant consequences such as jail time and hefty fines.
Types of Burglary Charges in NJ
Burglary is typically considered a third-degree crime; however, certain factors could elevate it to a second-degree crime. For instance:
– Threatening or inflicting bodily harm knowingly or recklessly
– Being armed with apparent explosives or deadly weapons
If convicted of second-degree burglary, the sentence includes five to ten years of imprisonment together with paying fines up to $150,000. Also, individuals would be subjected to the No Early Release Act mandating them to serve at least 85% of their prison term before getting considered for parole.
Defending Against Burglary Charges in NJ
At Spodek Law Group, we understand various defenses against a burglary charge that could exonerate our clients from wrongful accusations if poignantly argued in court proceedings. Our skilled defense attorneys conduct a thorough analysis of the case, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and build a compelling defense strategy that may include:
– Challenging police misconduct such as search and seizure without proper warrants and ignoring Miranda rights protection.
– Identifying inconsistencies with the chain of custody regarding evidence presented in court.
– Discrediting prosecutorial arguments founded on racial, ethnic, or other biased angles that justify individuals’ guilt without substantial facts.
– Providing an alibi that shows the accused was somewhere else at the time of alleged crime.
– Invalidating unreliable testimony given by faulty witnesses.
Diversion Programs for Burglary Charges in NJ
In some cases, we may negotiate lesser sentences or get charges dismissed entirely through diversion programs such as Pretrial Intervention (PTI). This program allows defendants to avoid prosecution by fulfilling imposed requirements such as settling restitution or attending counseling sessions. Individuals with prior drug possession or use histories may opt for Drug Court as another viable avenue recommended.
Why Choose Spodek Law Group?
At Spodek Law Group, our mission is to provide our clients with top-notch legal representation that brings positive results. Here are a few reasons why you should choose us to defend you against burglary charges in New Jersey:
– Our attorney’s unrivaled expertise and experience persistently deliver effective results for clients facing diverse burglary cases since they understand NJ’s laws on burglary.
– We highly value personalized attention and work diligently to offer aggressive defense services tailored to individual needs and circumstances to achieve desirable outcomes.
– Our firm has an excellent reputation within the state’s legal community because of our commitment to upholding high levels of professionalism, ethics, and integrity.
– We have established connections with state prosecutors throughout New Jersey that we leverage on behalf of our clients under scrutiny by negotiating lesser sentences.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
If facing burglary charges in New Jersey, don’t wait. Contact Spodek law group today for professional advice during the free initial consultation where we can help you protect your rights and fight the charges. We are available 24/7 to answer any query or provide support necessary at this challenging moment.
NEW JERSEY CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEYS