NJ CAMDEN COUNTY MARIJUANA DISTRIBUTION CHARGES
Experienced Attorneys at Spodek Law Group Ready to Defend Against Marijuana Distribution Charges
If you’re facing charges of possessing or distributing marijuana in Camden County or surrounding areas, it’s crucial to have experienced legal representation on your side. At Spodek Law Group, our team of skilled criminal defense lawyers has over 200 years of combined experience representing clients against drug charges. Our attorneys are dedicated to providing strategic guidance and skilled representation that covers small to high-level drug trafficking cases.
Our marijuana distribution defense lawyers have exceptional credentials, including former County Prosecutors, Criminal Trial Attorneys, and lawyers holding critical positions like Director of the Drug Task Force, Major Crimes Bureau, Special Operations, Juvenile Unit, and an entire Trial Division. As a result, we possess the necessary knowledge and expertise to assist individuals charged with drug distribution no matter what degree offense they face.
Marijuana Distribution Charges in Camden NJ
New Jersey takes marijuana distribution seriously with strict laws that come with severe penalties. For instance:
– A first-degree crime charge is issued if you possess 25 pounds or more of marijuana, 50 or more plants, or five pounds or more of hashish.
– Selling or distributing between five pounds and less than 25 pounds of marijuana; fewer than 50 marijuana plants; one to five pounds of hashish makes you guilty of a second-degree crime.
– A third-degree crime results from distributing between one ounce but less than five pounds of marijuana or between five grams and one pound of hashish.
– Lastly, if the possession with an intent to distribute involves less than one ounce of marijuana or under five grams of hashish – then it’s a fourth-degree crime.
Penalties for selling or Possession With Intent To Distribute Marijuana
Depending on the degree offense, the penalty can range from:
– Imprisonment for 10 to 20 years
– Exposure to a fine up to $300k for a first-degree crime
– Imprisonment between five to ten years
– Exposure to a fine up to $150k for a second-degree crime
– A state prison term of 3-5 years and possible fines up to $25,000 for a third-degree charge of possession with intent to distribute
– Imprisonment of up to 18 months
– A maximum fine of $10,000
In addition to prison time and fines, anyone convicted under 2c:35-5 also faces a driver’s license suspension for six months. In cases where the sale or distribution of marijuana occurred in public park zones or schools, further penalties apply. In some instances where an individual has grown at least ten plants or five pounds of marijuana, they may face charges of operating a CDS production facility that can lead to potential fines of up to $750,000 and imprisonment terms that range from 10-to-20-years.
Proving Possession Was For Purposes Of Distribution
Possession cases aren’t always clear-cut, especially when drugs are sold to confidential informants or undercover police officers. Examples include motorists, tenants, or property owners who have actual possession or constructive possession of drugs that indicate distribution or selling activity. This is when prosecutors may try qualifying police officers as experts and testify on an item’s characteristics that appear consistent with someone distributing marijuana.
Haddonfield Possession With Intent To Distribute Marijuana Lawyers
Drug distribution offenses involving marijuana are felonies that require qualified New Jersey distributive attorneys like those found at Spodek Law Group. We understand the seriousness of drug charges and their long-term impacts on an individual’s life – including the potential implications for being found guilty and serving time in State prisons. Our lawyers, including Todd Spodek posses comprehensive skills and experience representing individuals facing marijuana distribution charges across Camden County: Winslow, Haddonfield,Haddon Township , Lindenwold,voorohees and Audubon.
If you face charges of selling or possessing marijuana with the intent of distributing it, call our Cherry Hill Office at 856-558-8797 for immediate assistance in scheduling a free and confidential consultation. Our attorneys have the necessary qualifications to help you navigate these charges and represent you in court meticulously. Don’t wait – call us today!
NEW JERSEY CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEYS