NJ FORT DIX DWI ATTORNEYS
Ready to Defend You: The Most Effective DWI Defense Lawyers in Fort Dix
When you are charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) at Fort Dix or elsewhere in New Jersey, it is essential to select a highly skilled attorney who can win your case, rather than basing your selection solely on location. The Law Offices of Todd Spodek offers a team of ten knowledgeable attorneys with over 200 years of combined experience defending DWI charges at installations throughout New Jersey, including Fort Dix, Sandy Hook, and Picatinny Arsenal.
Our expert team includes Colin Bonus, one of only four attorneys statewide who focuses exclusively on DWI defense. Regardless of the complexity of your case, we have staff members certified in both the Draeger Alcotest 7110 (the breathalyzer used by law enforcement) and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (the tests used as the basis for your arrest). We have an established history of success defending against first, second, and even third offenses for DWI in Federal Court.
If you require assistance regarding a DWI charge in Fort Dix or elsewhere in New Jersey and would like a complimentary initial consultation with one of our experienced lawyers, please call us anytime at 609-491-2110. We are available around-the-clock to answer any questions you may have and discuss how we can help you win your case.
Fort Dix DWI Offense
Conviction on a DWI charge at Fort Dix carries life-altering consequences. Your exposure will depend on factors such as whether it is your first, second, or third offense and on your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level.
Under N.J.S.A. 39:4-50, penalties for a first offense involve:
– Suspension of your license until you install an ignition interlock that must remain installed in your car for at least three months if the BAC measures between .08% but less than .10%
– Suspension of your license until the interlock is installed, which must remain on your car for seven to twelve months, for BAC readings of at least .10% but less than .15%
– A suspension of your license for four to six months, installation of an ignition interlock for nine to fifteen months, a monetary fine of $250-$500, 12 hours in the Intoxicated Resource Center (IDRC), up to 30 days in jail, and a state insurance surcharge of $1,000 annually for three years if a BAC reading of .15% or more is presented as evidence.
Penalties for a second offense may include:
– Up to 90 days in jail
– A license suspension of one to two years with ignition interlock required for two to four years
– 48 hours in the IDRC
– A fine ranging from $500-$1000 and eventual insurance surcharge.
For a third or subsequent offense, you may face:
– A $1,000 fine
– An eight-year license suspension calling for an ignition interlock during the suspension and then additionally required for two to four years following reinstatement.
– An insurance surcharge worth $1,500 per year for three years.
– Mandatory inmate time with up to six months in the county jail.
If you refuse or fail to submit a breath sample, the penalties remain much alike. Nevertheless, it would lack imprisonment consequences even when refusing multiple times. Please note that failure or non-submission leads us into another criminal prosecution on top of DWI accusation.
Hiring the right attorney capable enough can mitigate many issues concerning N.J.S.A. 39:4-50 cases unique only at Fort Dix. Our teams training specifically focuses on niche areas crucially relevant in this area of law.
DUI Defense Lawyers Fort Dix New Jersey
Driving under any drug’s influence (whether marijuana, cocaine, heroin, or Xanax) considered as a controlled dangerous substance (CDS) may result in penalties as severe as that of a DWI. Thus, it would require hiring skilled defense lawyers to challenge the accusation successfully.
The qualified attorneys’ team at the Law Offices of Todd Spodek secures optimum rights for their clients and exhaust every available opportunity to fight for dismissals. If arrested for any N.J.S.A 39:4-50 offense type, call immediately at 609-491-2110 to avail of our attorney’s services and schedule your complimentary initial consultation to win your case.
NEW JERSEY CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEYS